Our CORE Team & amazing crew of artists are on the Island already, setting up for this weekend's FIGMENT project—Saturday, July 26th, 10am–11pm & Sunday, July 27th, 10am–5pm. Here are our 5 Fave Hot Tips to prep you for this weekend!
5 HOT TIPS for FIGMENT Toronto 2014!
1. Get your ferry tickets from us! Did you know that Figment volunteers and attendees can skip that long ticket-purchasing line by looking for our Ticket Faeries by the FIGMENT banner? Well, you can! Look for volunteers in pink FIGMENT 2014 Crew t-shirts and you can grab your $7 ferry ticket from them. Bring exact change and rest easy in the knowledge that your trip across to the islands just got a lot faster. Don't have exact change? Consider paying with a $10 and donating the extra $3 to FIGMENT. It's through the generous donations of supporters like you that we are able to bring this free event to Toronto every summer!
2. Be ready for any weather - we are! FIGMENT happens rain or shine, so if the forecast looks dodgy, just bring an umbrella or poncho and a sense of fun. Remember how joyful it was splashing in puddles on rainy days as a kid? Well, we'll be operating under that same sense of play, no matter how wet it may get. While there may be some projects that have to temporarily suspend operating during a full-on downpour, the event itself will still be up and running and we'll get all the art back into action as fast as possible once any rain stops.
3. Looking for something in particular? Come to the Info Table at HQ! The *best* way to discover the wonders FIGMENT has in store is to explore, to wander the Island and see what you find. But, if there's a particular project that you've heard about and just have not found, pop by HQ -- the white dome just off the main path, near the washrooms. We have a handy map and our volunteers are happy to point you in the right direction.
4. Who are those people in the pink shirts? Why, that's our fabulous crew of volunteers! The pink FIGMENT 2014 crew t-shirts are a great, easy way to identify a FIGMENT volunteer staff person. We're here to help you -- got a question or just want to say thanks for the awesome time you're having? Find one of us and say hello!
5. Make a day of it -- or even a whole weekend! Most of the projects run during *all* festival hours (10am - 11pm Saturday & 10am - 5pm Sunday), but some projects are one-time-only, such as the Bubble Battle, Circus Competition, and many performance-based acts. They're a bit like Pokemon, you gotta catch 'em all! So come early, stay late. Come both days. There is always something wonderful waiting for you at FIGMENT, don't miss a minute of the action!
See YOU on Olympic Island *this weekend*! We hope you are as excited as we are. Oh, one last Hot Tip: check out this lovely FIGMENT Toronto 2014 Sneak Peek video put together by our friends over at Geektropolis:
And, as always, we leave you with the question: What Are You Bringing?